In 2009 Joseph Schilling (senior research associate in the Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center and Research to Action Lab at the Urban Institute, at the time of the study Director of Research and Policy for the National Vacant Properties Campaign and Professor in Practice of Urban Affairs and Planning at Virginia Tech in Alexandria, Virginia) authored one of the original studies that featured a comprehensive overview of vacant property registration Ordinances (VPR) ordinances.
Included in the discussion are;
- The Legal and Policy Foundations of Vacant Property Registration Ordinances
- The Classic Registration Model Wilmington, Delaware and Cincinnati, Ohio
- The Home Foreclosure Model—Chula Vista, California and Beyond
- Mortgage Industry Responses
- Potential Preemption of VP Registration Ordinances
To view the white paper, please click on the following link