Wonderful report by Greater Ohio Policy Center titled “Misconceptions About Vacant Property Registries”.
Specifically, the report discusses;
- What is a VPRO (Vacant Property Registration Ordinances)?
- VPRO three main objectives
- Benefits of a VPRO
- Self sustaining program
- Increased safety for first responders
- Protects property owners who maintain their properties
- Common misconceptions about VPROs
- a registry is financially onerous
- VPROs discourage firms from investing and lending.
- VPROs trample private property rights
- Flexibility to structure to a community’s needs
- Various good practices